- 2020年12月16日 6:32 PM #47928Avenged Carderゲスト
Nothing but Trouble
The Story of Althea Gibson
by Sue Stauffacher, Greg Couch
- Genres: biography, sports, history, childrens, cultural, historical
- Author: Sue Stauffacher, Greg Couch
- Release date: August 14, 2007
- ISBN: 9780375834080 (0375834087)
- Places: South Carolina
- Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
- Format: hardcover, 40 pages
- Characters: Althea Gibson
- Language: english
About The Book
ALTHEA IS NOTHING BUT TROUBLE! Everyone agrees: her mama, her daddy, her teacher, even the policeman. But when Buddy Walker, the play leader on Althea’s street in Harlem, watches her play paddle tennis, he sees something more: pure possibility. Buddy buys Althea her very own stringed tennis racket, and before long, she’s on her way to becoming a great athlete — and to proving that she’s more than just trouble.
Althea Gibson, born in 1927, was the first African American ever to compete in and win the Wimbledon Cup. Sue Stauffacher’s lively text, paired with vibrant paintings by artist Greg Couch, captures the exuberance, ambition, and triumph of this remarkable woman.
Hardcover Nothing but Trouble read online. TXT book Nothing but Trouble Sue Stauffacher download for iOS on Kobo. Paperback ebook Nothing but Trouble buy on Books-a-Million.